Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull Mister.Lull is offline

Default A few wiring questions

Hello,

Question 1 - yes, you shouldn't have any problems with that wire.

Question 2 - That wire should be able to power those devices, but I
would caution you to be sure that there's a switched power as well -
otherwise you could drain your battery if you left it sitting long
enough...

~Mister.Lull

On Aug 10, 10:44*am, Alan wrote:
I have a few wiring related questions:

1. Is it OK to use speaker wire designated as 'in-wall' wire for car
audio use?

I was thinking of wiring my car with the following wi

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=101-201

2. Is it safe to tap off my car's yellow constant 12V wire that's on a *
harness behind the dash in order to power a head unit, EQ and a relay?
This wire is factory fused at 15 amps, according to the manual.

Thanks