Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default do all harmonizer plug-ins suck?

Phillip S wrote:
I am looking for a plugin for Sonar that will give great sounding backup
vocals/harmonizing.....but everything seems to suck based on the samples
I've heard....everything I hear sounds so fake. Is there anything good that
I might be missing, or do they all suck?

Well, they all sound really fake, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Sometimes that can be a useful tool, as in "Pilot of the Airwaves."

But if you want it to sound like a real backup group, you need a real
backup group, and you need to mike them like a backup group (ie. more
distant miking than you would use for a lead vocal).