Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau Romeo Rondeau is offline

Default do all harmonizer plug-ins suck?

Phillip S wrote:
I am looking for a plugin for Sonar that will give great sounding backup
vocals/harmonizing.....but everything seems to suck based on the samples
I've heard....everything I hear sounds so fake. Is there anything good that
I might be missing, or do they all suck?

If you're looking for something that sounds just like a real backing
vocal, then yes, they all suck. When I have to create harmonies from a
lead vocal (shhh! don't tell anyone), I use Celemony Melodyne. It was
worth the $$$ and it does a whole lot more than just harmonies, but
beware... you have to create them yourself, you at least have to know
what you're doing musically. You can't just pick a key and an interval
and turn it on.