philicorda

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:56:10 +0100, Phildo wrote:

"philicorda" wrote in message
news
A feedback eliminator will probably get it a bit louder, but if you are on
the edge already it wont do much good. They are great for when a mic is
hand held, and you never know where it's going to be pointed next (usually
straight into a monitor), but not so good when they are hunting all
the time. The more the feedback eliminator is working, the weirder it'l
sound.

That is why feedback eliminators should be set and forget devices. Don't
leave them hunting for feedback during a show as the sound will gradually
get worse.

I thought they were for unpredictable stuff like between movable
mics and monitors, where you can't always rely on notching out all the
problem frequencies before the show. I'd use a graphic or whatevers on the
desk otherwise.

I'm in no way an experienced PA guy, (only when work is slow , so I've
only used them literally couple of times!

I have terrible memories of a long note during a flute solo suddenly
disappearing from the mix entirely because of an FBX unit. Have had
similar things with electric guitars as well.

Ouch! I've never had feedback problems with mic'd guitar cabs though,
there is too much signal for that!

Phildo