Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

Default Menno van der Veen Masterclass

Peter Wieck wrote:
On Jan 2, 2:42 am, Ian Bell wrote:

He seems to have discovered yet another type of distortion which he has
christened Dynamic Damping Factor Distortion (DDFD).

Which he carefully does not define - at least in the teaser. Which
leaves what is meant by it open to rampant speculation. Which as
Patrick leapt on immediately will *very most likely* (to be
distinguished from "almost certainly") turn out to be a subset of
already clearly understood and defined sorts of distortion(s) together
with a means to 'solve' it and further the means to perhaps profit
from it. The analogy that comes to my mind is old wine in new skins.

I admit to getting very squirrelly when expected to swallow whole (at
a significant cost) any sort of NEW discovery with reference to tube
equipment. Not to state that it is impossible - Clarke's Laws suggest
otherwise - but that it is quite unlikely.

So, who is going to go? A bit far for me, and with that same £160 (not
to mention air-fare, food & lodging),

Now, Peter, you know it would be my privilege to provide food and
lodging for you here in the UK. ;-) By the way, all the 6SN7s worked fine.

Cheers

ian

I could purchase quite a bit of
tube equipment for experimentation and enjoyment in these troubled
times.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA