Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Best digital music recording program

On 11/05/2019 12:10 am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 5/10/2019 7:34 AM, geoff wrote:
But it is little effort to have multiple backups on several different
types of media, all bit-perfect.

That it's little effort isn't the point. You HAVE to do it. If you look
at short long term life, say 20-30 years, tape will likely still be
playable. Digital media may not.

Funny, my digital files from 30 years ago are still playable, and far
better quality than my tapes of that time. But hey, some people thought
the car would never replace the horse and cart too. Some people would
prefer we live in that world now. There will always be a place for
nostalgia enthusiasts I guess.