Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Loudness Wars

On Friday, February 6, 2015 at 8:24:34 AM UTC-5, wrote:
JackA wrote: " Maybe you need a $2000 amplifier and $1000 worth of speakers for PONO to sound impressive in a car. "

No.

All you need is well-written and arranged, well-recorded, well-mixed, and well mastered MUSIC. Stuff that breathes, ebbs and flows, and just sounds great. Bit-depth, sampling rate, lossless vs lossy are all secondary to those attributes.

Oh - and upgrade from those thin-shelled plastic speakers with the huge 200Hz resonance on your shelves!

LOL!! Not to worry, Radio Shack declared bankruptcy!!

I see nothing that was exclusively remastered for PONO, that's what bothers me.
[OT comment]. People [YouTube etc.] tell me Jimmy Page needs no money, but you could find him out as far as Japan bragging about his Led Zeppelin remastered albums, promoting them. Jimmy's probably responsible for sending free copies to radio stations, and who knows, maybe a bit of Payola as well.

Jack