Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Loudness Wars

JackA wrote:
On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 6:03:44 PM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
On 04/02/2015 22:39, Scott Dorsey wrote:
God, how I hated cassettes.

Me too. Even 128 kbps mp3 is preferable.

Hated cassettes? Maybe just prerecorded? When I used to rip "vinyl" songs to them, I only used Sony "Metal" cassettes. Very impressive fidelity! Their trick was common shaped particles aligned in such was way to maximize coverage.

Try solo piano. Listen to how the notes tail off.
The flutter, even on the Dragon, is way too audible.