Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Loudness Wars

On 5/02/2015 9:46 a.m., JackA wrote:
On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 3:03:50 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 5/02/2015 5:44 a.m., Tobiah wrote:
This is unrelated really, but I remember listening to LP's, and hearing
a foreshadowing of each song during the gap between songs. I realized that
the 'silent' portion of the groove was being slightly altered by the loud
part adjacent to it. You could even watch as the record spun, and the song
started at the same rotation position as the foreshadowing started.

That's a cutting error rather than tape print-through.

How do YOU know the difference?

Because it is physically synchronised to the groove position, you claimed.

geoff