Clive Long,UK

Default "Lost" left channel into stereo headphones through 3.0 / 3.5 mm stereo jack socket / plug

Hi,

This maybe a comon problem and nothing can be done about it - but
I will ask anyway.

I have 3 audio devices, call them A, B, C.

Now, A and B have the "small" 3.5(?) mm stereo jack outlets for
headphones. Trying two different sets of headphones, no left channel
is heard through the headphones. Both channels of A and B OK through
loud-speakers.

The headphones are OK since both pairs "give" LEFT and RIGHT
channels when plugged into headphone socket of device C. (Incidently,
C has a 5(?) mm jack socket and I use an adapter to plug the headphone
plug into device C).

I have taken the covers off devices A and B to have a look, but the
jack sockets seem pretty inaccessible in both situations.

Is this problem of no left channel a problem that comes with "age"
of these 3mm jack sockets? Is there a fix apart from replacing the
socket - which is pretty inaccessible anyway?

I squirted some WD40 inside the socket (probably risky since WD40
contains graphite I think) and this has not improved the output on
Left channel.

Any suggestions on how to "get back" the left channel through
headphones?

Thanks

Clive