Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default How safe operating an amp with no fuse?

wrote:
Per Stromgren wrote:
On 25 Jan 2006 10:49:47 -0800,
wrote:

Jesus, can't ONE of you idiots

If we are such idiots, why do you ask *us* questions?

You're obviously too stupid to understand the subtleties of ANYTHING,
aren't you? You've taken my comments about your stupidity OUT OF
CONTEXT (look up what this means, idiot). My words dont work that way.
In doing so, you are trying to twist my meaning, in order to appear to
win an argument you're engaging in with me. I came here to ask a
-technical- question only. I got met immediately with hostility and
insults. Yet I did NOT ask what people thought about the audibility of
this or that, because I know better than to try to engage in a
meaningful debate with low level wanna-be engineers and techie zealots.
Its like trying to convince a Jehovas Witness that God doesn't actually
exist. The bottom line of the problem is, that you RATs think that you
are "smart", if not brilliant, because have read technical information
on audio, and that anyone that hasn't, must succumb to whatever you
believe... because only you "understand how it all works". You then
(predicatably) proceed to ridicule and deride anyone that says ANYTHING
not conforming to your understanding of "how it all works" in audio.
The more they hold on to their opinions, the more you try to ridicule
them -- instead of keeping an open mind and trying to understand the
phenomenon (that is new to you) any further, for your own educational
purposes.

So I call you "stupid" not because I think I know everything about
audio and you don't. I call you "stupid" because YOU think you know
everything about audio, and that I don't. (RATs here in this thread
have stupidly said I dont even understand the basic function of what a
fuse is, and what its doing in a piece of audio equipement...). And I
also call you people "stupid", because every single one of you that
mocked me for even thinking fuses have an audible effect, provided not
a SINGLE shred of evidence to back up your groundless assertion. Yet,
this is EXACTLY what you people would demand of others in a debate. You
simply dismissed the very notion of me being correct on this, with
nothing but your stupid vigorous denials. Not a SINGLE ONE OF YOU has
actually tested my fuse tweak. And yet you have no end of stupid
opinions about it.

THIS, my friend, is what makes you people STUPID. The dogmatic
adherence to a preconceived set of beliefs, the fight and refusal to
let go of any of them, even if it might take 2 minutes of your time to
determine their validity. Of course, you take stupid to new levels, by
then arguing that even if one of you idiots could figure out how to
perform the tweak experiment (ie. which device opens the amp cover and
where the fuse holder lies...), you wouldn't do it anyway, because you
would just be putting yourself under the spell of the infamous "placebo
effect".... Now THAT is why I call you stupid. Because it isn't idiots
like you that advance the state of audio, since you fools have already
fooled yourself into believing that the only audible effects in audio
is what is already known by the majority.

Which brings me to another reason I call you people stupid: having the
sheer idiocy to mock and criticize Yves Bernard André, a successful
audiophile engineer on the forefront of the business, when none of you
idiots have ever designed an audiophile amplfiier that comes close to
sounding like his worst effort in your entire lives. All you wanna-be
engineer idiots can do is reveal yourselves to be jealous of an audio
engineer who is infintely more succesful and smarter than you people
are. And who KNOWS, as I do, that fuses have an audible quality
(although I did not do my tweak based on his knowledge, since I only
learned about the custom fuses in his amps after I did my experiment).

If there isn't enough here for me to explain how and why you and your
zealot buddies are imbeciles, please let me know, and I'll elaborate
further. Ive really only touched the surface of the extent of what
fools you people are.

It seems from my point of view that you are the one having a rather
limited amount of IQ.

Of course it does. No surprise there. But consider this: if you ARE the
idiot I say you are, how the **** would you know? Remember, you're too
much of a fool to realize what an idiot you are, and that I might know
something about audio that you're too stupid to know or find out for
yourself. Here's a clue for you: So far, I'm the ONLY ONE HERE that has
anything close to "proof" that validates what I'm saying. You have
provided NONE. Ergo, you're just another idiot on the net, flapping
your gums.

The ones you call "idiots" haven proven over and
over again to be rather clever... We haven't seen such proof about
you, I'm afraid.

Are you playing games again? Where the **** in this thread has any of
you idiots "proven over and over again" that your vigorous denials
about the audibility of fuses have been proven true? I'm sorry I must
have missed the details of the trials. Show me the posts that I missed
that contained the so-called "proof", idiot. Because all I've seen in
60 messages is a confederacy of religious audio dunces all arguing
about how full of **** I am, without bothering to offer a shred of
anything to argue against it.

My vote goes for troll. He doesn't even have the guts to tell us his
name.

It doesn't surprise me that you're too stupid to read a message header
either. Hint: its not at the bottom..... My vote goes for mindless
imbecile, and that's all you've proven yourself to be.

Per.

I bow to your superior knowledge.
I salute your ability to rant incoherently.
You have shown us all to be imbeciles.
{ insert .gif file of swine levitating horizontally }