Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default How safe operating an amp with no fuse?

wrote:
mc wrote:
I suppose the bottom line is that if you eliminate the fuse in a piece of
equipment that was obviously designed to require one, and it starts a fire,
your fire insurance doesn't cover it.

No problems there, then. I don't have fire insurance.

What is the actual model and make of the equipment you've modified?
Other than your ears,have you done any measurements to substantiate
the "sounds better" claim of your jumpered safety device?
It's sounds like your modding a late 70's early 80's unit.
Good luck finding replacement parts when it does start to glow.
Feel free to throw some derogatory remarks my way too :-)
By the way if you don't own the dwelling and it's multi-unit,
you'll be paying for the damages when it does start the fire,
hopefully only destroying property and not lives.