Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Windows Media Audio Vs. MP3 Vs. WAV

On 7/2/2014 7:48 AM, Trevor wrote:
Not me. I've already got more music than I can listen to in my lifetime, so
I have no need for someone else's idea of what I should listen to,

That's the trouble with kids these days. I occasionally get something
out of my collection to play (in the living room, on real speakers,
sitting on the couch) but I enjoy hearing what's new. Mind you, I don't
run out and buy something because I heard it on the radio and I liked it
(artists trying to make a living may berate me here), it's just
entertainment - here and gone. I make my donations to the radio
stations. I hope that one of these days they work out a way for the
stations to pay the artists.

a cassette adapter is not something I'd stoop to. You could buy a new
radio/CD/MP3 car player for $100 or so, I can't imagine you can't afford
that. And unlike many new cars, most older ones can fit standard radio's
quite easily.

I could afford it, but the radio is so integrated into the dashboard of
the car, with amplifiers scattered here and there, under the seats, in
the trunk, that there's no aftermarket replacement for the built-in
audio system, at least not in the Crutchfield catalog, which I figure is
the bible.

I've had a number of rental cars that have an MP3 player built into the
radio and I've been really disappointed with the way some of them work.
When you turn off the radio or the ignition, it doesn't remember where
you were in the file that was playing. Some of them don't even remember
what file was playing last and starts with the first file in the folder
unless you scroll through the directory listing manually and pick out
the one you want. It might not matter to someone with 1,000 songs on a
memory stick and the player set to random selection, but, I have about a
dozen "songs" each of which is two or three hours long. I have had cars
(I think the Toyota Camry) that do just what I want and simply pick up
playing where it left off, but nobody who writes about cars ever thinks
this is important enough to check and report on.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com