Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default Fs: Greg Hanks BA660

Scott Dorsey wrote:

wrote:
This is the first time I've seen this group.

No it's not! You were here in the 1990s when that thing was first
introduced, and I think you found a bunch of your beta testers on this
very newsgroup!

If you have one of my units, call me!! I have an offer for you. I've made
a lot of improvements to the unit to make it a much more civilized
device!! I will update your unit for the price of shipping and the new
output transformer (using a Jensen JT11-B) The improvements are
significant and I think you will like.

Out of curiosity, how many of those things are actually out there? They
seemed very cool and very versatile but never seemed to get the buzz that
they deserved.

They very nature of the hand-built beast, and the cost, reflecting the
quality and power, make it an esoteric item. There aren't enough of
them available to support a buzz, though these days, given hangs like
G$, Pro Recording Workshop, and the other spots where heavy hitters and
hobbyist doctors, lawyers, bankers, and techies hang out, there might be
enough money out there to cause a stir.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com