Scott Dorsey

Tom Jancauskas wrote:

The CD player I was using was a sony from about 9 or 10 years ago with VERY
little use. He says he hears the same problems on his home system.

Try loaning him a high-grade D/A to put between his CD player and his
receiver. Ask if that eliminates the differences.

Also check the error rates on the discs.

Thanks all. This seems to be one of those things that just is. He won't ever
be happy and will be looking to find a difference in ALL of his projects.
Lucky me.

Very lucky, if you charge by the hour. If he gives up on the whole thing
and decides to issue LPs instead, let me know.