Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default Anyone have a Schematic for an Alesis QuadraSynth?

On 6/15/2019 5:11 AM, geoff wrote:
On 15/06/2019 11:53 PM, Paul wrote:
On 6/15/2019 3:25 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 6/15/2019 2:30 AM, Paul wrote:
You won't believe this:Â* It was something like a 24 pin
header, with only 12 of the pins connected!

It's an easy mistake to make if the connector is in a tough-to-see
spot, as many of them are. I've seen socketed DIP ICs installed with
one row of pins all on the outside of the socket.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* But I've never had a keyboard with an after-touch strip.Â* I must
say I don't really like it.

. . . .Â* how the aftertouch affects the voices, in some cases, it
either adds
a vibrato, or makes the note louder, or both.Â* Doesn't seem too useful,
musically, but then again, it would depend of the kind of music you
want
to create. I hope there is an easy way to turn the aftertouch off!

I don't know if there's a way to globally turn off aftertouch (you
could disconnect the strip, I suppose), but it's almost certainly a
parameter in the patch that creates the voice. Factory presets are
usually created to show off as many features of the instrument as
possible. Get into the patch editor and you'll probably find how to
change what it modulates, or turn it off in that patch.

Or just don't press the keys so hard.Â*Â*

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Yes, I have the manual.Â* Just haven't looked into it in
detail yet.Â* I would imagine I would have to turn the aftertouch
off for each patch.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Now that I've played with it a bit, it seems to be a fairly
useful function for voices like violins, where you sometimes want
heavy vibrato at the end of a note.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* But I have another problem:Â* The pitch wheel doesn't work, or only
works intermittently.Â* Could be a bad potentiometer that needs to be
replaced.

Or a tarnished, fractured, or mis-connected header plug ! If
intermittant most likely the pot. Try some Caig Faderlube.

It was two bad B10K pots, which looked like they had
beer, or some other liquid, spilled on them. They were
totally toast.

So I got two new ones, with shafts that were too long,
so I had quite a dremel tool night, after I hacksawed them
to the proper length.

But BEWARE! The flat part of the "D" shafts on potentiometers,
are NOT standardized! The flat part might be 180 degrees different
than your new pots, so look carefully!

But the pitch shift works perfectly now. And I took
60 grit sandpaper to both wheels, so I should now have space
between them.

To be continued!