Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Export Mono tracks to Mono tracks with Cubase Channel Batch Export??

On 5/15/2014 10:57 PM, Paul wrote:
On 5/15/2014 2:14 PM, PStamler wrote:
Forgive my ignorance (I'm not a Cubase user), but in what format does
Cubase store the individual tracks of a project? .Wav files?

Yes, it's in .WAV format, but if you want to retain the EQing,
compression, effects, fade-in/out edits you have done, you have to use
the export function.

Seems like different software uses a different name for this process.
The most generic (which I've only ever seen in the Mackie hard disk
recorder manuals) is a term taken from video editing: "rendering."
"Print to disk" and "flatten" are also used to describe "make a file
that will, on its own, play what you hear."

For what it's worth, Audacity also uses "export" but they store audio
for a project as a whole bunch of small WAV files. .

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then