Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

Default Bi-wiring?

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 07:53:54 -0800, ST wrote
(in article ):

More observations to report.

I did try bi-wiring and found that the system tend to sound bit
bright. Ok, maybe it is all in my head. But then I was thinking is it
possible why my system sounded bright because of the followings:-

1) Let's say speaker's impedance is 6 ohm.

2) However, my tweeter is said to be 4 ohm and my woofer is 8 ohm.

3) My Amp is capable of 250W per channel.

Q1) Will driving with X amount of power into 6 ohm speaker be the same
as driving with the same amp but individually, i.e bi-wiring the 4ohm
tweeter and 8 ohm woofer with non whatsoever changes in the volume?

Regards,
ST

Doubtful. If the speaker system was designed by the manufacturer as complete
system and all of the drivers are original, then the manufacturer has already
taken care of any differences in loudness between the various drivers by
including resistive pads in cross-over to match the levels. What you
postulate could only occur if bi-wiring somehow circumvented the
manufacturer's built-in cross-over, which, of course, it does not.