Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire Audio_Empire is offline

Default Stereophile, don't worry

In article ,
"Gary Eickmeier" wrote:

Audio_Empire wrote:

I don't think any reviewers spend hours comparing cables. That would
be like comparing table-salt grains under a microscope looking for
differences. A useless and futile procedure at best.

I have always wondered how they could claim to hear differences among
cables, amplifiers, and CD players when they still haven't been able to hear
and correlate differences among speakers and their causes. They are in a
wonderland of mystery when it comes to speakers and their use and what
causes various effects, effects that are very audible compared to the
imaginary ones between cables. I think the high-end (expensive hobbyinst
class) industry will die out before any of them get a clue.

Gary Eickmeier

I assume that most of us who post here on a regular basis are Old Farts.
Certainly, I've known of several names here for decades. I'm more than
reasonably sure that interest in high-end radio will die out with the
current over-fifty crowd. I hope I'm wrong, but interest in good sound
doesn't seem to be an interest that attracts many youngsters. Everytime
I go to a hi-fi show or event at a local hi-fi salon, all I see is old
guys. Not a healthy situation.