Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] outsor@city-net.com is offline

Default Stereophile, don't worry

It is still doing its same thing. Here a bit from the current online mag:

Rune Skov shows off the new Nordost Valhalla 2 interconnect ($9799/2m
pair) next to his sweet Nordost tattoo.

On Tuesday May 28th, 2013, Nordost premiered the Valhalla 2 cable
lineup at Lyric Hi-Fi in New York City. Rune Skov, International
Product Training & Sales Support Manager for Nordost, gave a
demonstration to a garrulous group of audiophiles who joyfully
suggested what differences they heard as Skov switched out each old
Valhalla cable for the new one.

Wow, what a scientific approach. Just as the editor some years ago
demonstrated in his "debate" about objective testing, if one puts oneself
into a context known to produce false subjective results; one will get self
same subjective results.

I think you're being a bit mean to Stereophile. Of course I admit
that there is some woo-woo stuff like this, but a lot of it isn't, and
there doesn't seem to be a strong party line one way or the other.
Some of their writers spend hours comparing cables, some don't.

The doctrine of the validity of the subjective listening experience
permeates all editoral policy. The only "party line" I have ever seen is
exactly that. The excesses in the religion of wire is but a product of
same.