Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default HiFi Speakers to Computer

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 16:54:11 +0000, Roko
wrote:

OK, since my mother tongue is not English (of any "kind", no matter what
side of any ocean from) and since I'm a noob when it comes to HiFi, help
me understand this:

Picture 1:
http://www.audio-video.com.hr/img/pr...wood/6300s.jpg - a
HiFi *receiver*? (which I referred to as a "HiFi system" in my first
post up there. (a "HiFi system" would be a receiver+speakers?))

Picture 2:
http://www.quasarelectronics.com/ima...c-kit/3050.jpg - a
HiFi *amplifier*?
You say I could get one of these easily, and for a fair price? Would it
be everything I needed if I just wanted to connect passive speakers
(which I already have) to the computer?

Fine with the first, but for the second you will probably want
something in a case, with mains power, like the first (but without the
radio part). Ebay is your friend.