John Stewart

Default OPT question: Electrohome PP amp - 2 x 6V6

Engineer wrote:

"Engineer" wrote in message
Hi, vacuumlanders.
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on the following...
I rescued an Electrohome "Concord IV" amplifier from a junked
console
(at the end of a neighbor's driveway - there were no tubes in it and
the console had been in a basement for decades holding up one end of
workbench!)

(snip)

What do people think? BTW, I'm also open to sales offers of a
suitable PP OPT.
Cheers,
Roger

Thanks for all replies to date/time.
About the Hammond 125E.... Good choice, I'm already getting supplier
quotes on that one! (Yes, there is lots of room, John.)
I'd prefer a classic like the Hammond 468 that I used in the "Scratch
10" but I'd have to fund one, probably more than the $0.50 that the
first one cost me!
Cheers,
Roger

Around 1955 I used a Hammond 465 in a PP 6L6 amp. But I think the
transformers available to us now are quite a bit better. Most of the
Hammond 400 Series are listed at $7.83 in the 1960 catalogue. I guess that
shows us that a buck ain't a buck anymore!

Cheers, John Stewart