Chris Liberti

Default "Bassiest" component 6.5-inchers for 03 Civic Si hatch

How much do you plan on spending. I have a set of CDT Eurosports in my SI
and they sound awesome but are quite expensive, you may try the CDT HD line
(they have a bit more midbass, a more laid back tweeter) and are
considerably less. Try www.thezeb.com . They are an authorized dealer and
usually have good prices. You will need to put a spacer in and cut the
sheetmetal on the door to fit them though

"Adam Drew" wrote in message
Hey, y'all.

I want to change out my front speakers. I don't want to fill up half
the hatch with a sub, so I'd like something with some decent punch.
(Those $170 BassLinks on eBay are tempting, tho...) I don't listen to
booty rap or anything like that...just rock, alternative, folk,
acoustic, etc...so clarity is important, too.

Can you guys recommend anything that'd work well with a decent headunit
(25w RMS)? I'd like to avoid installing an amp if possible. (BTW,
anybody know if there's a kit to install a double-DIN headunit in my car?)

I've already changed out the rear speakers with a pair of Alpine
Type-S's because it was so easy and they were so pathetic-looking with
their plastic baskets...the fronts aren't nearly as terrible...though
they're still not anything special.

Thanks in advance,
Adam