Mike Rivers

Default info on Marantz PMD670

In article writes:

on all of our 7 units, the rechargeable nicad battery (RB1100) runs
down overnite when the unit is unplugged from the AC charger. Marantz
tech support was able to duplicate this problem and is working with
the engineers in Japan to find a solution.

they have discovered that if the unit is unplugged, then powered up,
then shut down the decks will enter sleep mode and the battery will
not be discharged. the battery can also be removed from the
compartment to retain the charge.

At least there's an intermim solution. I suggest that you instruct
your users to remove the battery rather than go through the power
up/down sequence. It's quicker and absolutely bulletproof. I trust
there's another battery or Permacap that keeps any settings stored in
memory alive.

i am pleased to report Marantz took my report of this problem very
seriously and has every indication of resolving this issue within a
short time period.

This is so obvious, I'm surprised that they weren't aware of it. Don't
they ever test their battery powered equipment in the battery mode?
It's nice that they've been cooperative, but really strange that they
actually let it out of the door with this problem.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )