Posted to rec.audio.pro
Lorin David Schultz

Default Mac and PC assistance required...MP3 podcast check.

"Ty Ford" wrote:

May I ask that anyone with a PC try the link?

On my machine it didn't stream, it downloaded the whole damn file to a
temp directory, then opened iTunes to play it.

Undoubtedly this is at least partly due to settings on my machine
(perhaps having iTunes selected as the default media player rather than
Windows Media Player?), but maybe also partly a result of coding on the
source page. I don't see anything about mime types or anything else in
the code that would explicitly instruct the receiving system to stream
the content. It's left up to the receiving system to decide how to
handle it.

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good