Sean Scott

"MOSFET" wrote in message
Like many of you, over the past few years I have switched from listening
CD's to now almost exclusively listening to MP3's. All my MP3's have a
sampling rate of 128 or higher, and generally speaking I am pleased with
the
sound quality.

However, sometimes with some songs I get the distinct impression that I'm
missing something. It's hard to define (there's a French word I'm
searching
for) what it is that's missing, but I can best describe it by a lack of
fullness, or perhaps a sense of "flatness", a two dimensional
representation rather than three dimensional (geez, I sound like a real
audiophile dweeb). Of course, with other songs I don't sense this at all.

A side effect of listening to compressed audio, the only way to avoid it is
to avoid listening to compressed files (MP3s) I actually listen to my MP3s
at 192 or higher. Try lowering the compression and see if this helps.

Does anybody else feel this way? Have you done anything about it? Are
there any good tips out there to make MP3's sound better? Do any of you
refuse to use MP3's because of this?

MOSFET