Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

Default How-one-generation-was-able-to-kill-the-music-industry

среда, 21. јануар 2015. 02.28.29 UTC+1, hank alrich је написао/ла:
Luxey wrote:

...advocating "music for free" said: "You do not buy a fork each time
you're to eat a steak."

Go figure.

(His idea was that author would sell piece of music once, for fixed
price, fairly high, and be done with it.)

I will make a CD for him for $25,000.00. One copy only. Have him get in
touch.

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com

Well, Hank, if I thought there was a speck of chance to sell anything to this
youngster, except, maybe, but doubtfully, some retro Ford car cosmetic
upgrades, at flea market rates, I'd surelly give you that contact and would not
even charge.

For the serious talk,
a. your kind, or mine, we were not in that conversation.
People making own music, in the eyes of these young intellectuals, are having
it for free (since they did not buy it from someone else) so, by default, they
should give it for free, while recouping all the costs and possibly earning
something exclusively by playing gigs.

b. Mentioned authors, selling pieces of music, were understood to be professional music writers, hit makers, ... and the buing party was understood
to be advancing, or established performing artist. After selling, author should
not expect any royalties, and artist should proceede as explained in a. above.

That is their reasoning.