Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Vintage Shure 55c, trouble getting good sound quality

wrote:

[quoting Scott Dorsey]

Could you live with an omni? ...unusable for PA work, but fine
for TV.

Yeah, I think that's what I might do, though I'm nervous about costs,
but I guess I've already sunk a lot into this, a little more won't
hurt. I thought the bullet is omnidirectional, but you said its junk,
right?

Digikey has a Panasonic omni electret that will be affordable. The
practicalities of the transplant may of course cost you some if you can't do
it yourself.

Adam

Kind regards

Peter Larsen