Posted to rec.audio.pro
James Price[_5_] James Price[_5_] is offline

Default Bit Rate versus Sample Rate

On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 6:00:22 AM UTC-5, Mike Rivers wrote:
I did the technical review of Ethan's book. I don't recall that section
or what it said. While I did make some suggestions about changes here
and there, it was Ethan who made the final decisions. If he wanted to
use the term "bit depth" I wasn't going to talk him out of it.

Given that the books' intended audience is intermediate to advanced-level
recording engineers, do you really think Ethan used "bit depth" because
he felt his readers were incapable of understanding "word length"?

There's a second edition that I haven't seen.

I haven't seen the second edition, however it's listed in the first
edition(chapter 8).