Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chuck[_12_] Chuck[_12_] is offline

Default Small power amplifier

On 19 Apr 2017 20:17:47 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 2:35:29 AM UTC-4, Dave O'Heare wrote:
I hate the smell of fried electronics in the evening.

Do you want to sell it?

I might, depending on the verdict from the repair guys.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want it?

I could use a small PA amp.
I'll repair it myself and use it...

I'll be taking a chance that it is feasible to repair.

Trust me, you do not want it. It's likely not too hard to repair, but it's
such a bad design that it likely won't stay repaired.
--scott

Scott is right. If lightness is a factor, I would imagine that most
class D amps would sound better. If you are intent on repairing it,
the other problems they have are intermittent switches and 1/4 inch
jacks.

---