David Kelly at NTL world

Default do 16 ohm speakers exist? (for home use), sensible response

There is no problem about using speakers in series (or parallel if required)
whatsoever. My stereo audio setup has four Tannoy Mercury II's (old ones now
equivalent to M1s) in two series pairs. The idea was to improve dispersion
from small units. There are very very minor issues about self cancellation
between two speakers. But there never was a public address system run on two
stereo speakers.

If you run an amp rated for 16 Ohm speakers with 8 Ohm speakers, you will
get twice the power, hence the speakers need to have twice the rating.
Overwise the system will work fine.

Good luck

Dave

"Kalman Rubinson" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:23:02 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

the jvc service said me to put speakers in that way... oh my god

They do not have to listen to them. They are only concerned about
protecting their electronics.

Kal