Kalman Rubinson

Default do 16 ohm speakers exist? (for home use)

They are rare these days even though they were once common.
What you need is an amp with more current that can handle a lower
impedance load.

Kal

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:26:13 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

Hi all

I want to attach a 5.1 speaker system + 2 adional speakers for
other room. The amp is a JVC RX-7022, wich supports simultaniously this
configuration.

Reading carefully the user manual, I read the speakers must have at
least 16 Ohm of impedance (at least the 2 front speakers speakers
of the 5.1 system _and_ the 2 aditional stereo).

But looking for speakers with this specification (16 Ohm). I haven't found
any speakers with this configuration for home use. I have looked at jbl,
polkaudio, jamo and jvc...

I'm puzzled

Any comment or suggestion will be greatly appreciated

Ulisses

Debian GNU/Linux: a dream come true
"Computers are useless. They can only give answers." Pablo Picasso

--- Visita http://www.valux.org/ para saber acerca de la ---
--- Asociación Valenciana de Usuarios de Linux ---