Posted to rec.audio.pro
gtbuba gtbuba is offline

Default Alesis DEQ830

On Sep 10, 7:38*pm, Mike Rivers wrote:
Doum wrote:
What about when the recording room is less than ideal?

Most rooms are less than ideal. Deal with it. Move the mic.
Move the player. Grabbing an equalizer is further down the
list.

Cutting or boosting some specific frequencies on some drums could give them
more punch or remove some muddiness, etc.

Sometimes that's true, but they have to sound pretty good to
start with. Otherwise they won't sound like drums. Sometimes
that's what you want. That's when you start turning the
knobs until you get the desired result, or determine that
you can't, with those knobs.

of audio." - John Watkinson

I have an Alesis EQ like yours. I have not used it on a project yet.
In testing it I have found it to be pretty good. The roll offs could
be used in tracking. It is two sets of stereo channels. parametric 5
band if I remember right. I don't eq the master too much anymore, but
this thing could do it.
GT.