Agent 86

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:51:22 -0400, Roger W. Norman wrote:

A lot of people simply don't learn by playback. They'll tend to think
it's your fault for the recordings rather than hold themselves responsible
for the performance. Good artists learn simply because they want to be
good. Bad artists aren't, yet they don't know it. --

I think you're being a little too generous with the the word "artist".

In the 50's there were "Singers", and there were "Bands".

In the 60's there were "Rock Groups".

In the 70's, there was this thing called "Soft Rock". Sounds to me like a
description of sandstone or talc, but whatever. It didn't seem quite right
to call these purveyors of bubble gum type music "Rock Groups", so the
term "Recording Artist" was born. Shame too, because most of these people
were even less well described by the word "Artist" than they were by the
word "Rock".

Thing have gone steadily downhill from there.