Mike Rivers

In article writes:

Kind of makes me wonder where the balance point is between being
an engineer and being a producer. However, I'd guess part of your
point is not to **** off the executive producer (stage mom)... ;-)

That, too. Sometimes the engineer ends up being the producer, but
often a producer who can't tell the talent what to do. So you make the
best of it, and try to be helpful.

There's always the alternative of telling the client that you simply
can't make a recording that you'd be happy with, and that they should
try another studio. A client like the one we're taking about here
isn't going to go around town ruining your reputation.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )