Uptown Audio

Default Normal Biwiring

Well that certainly tips the scale in the favor of the non-believers
now doesn't it? What I am talking about is an answer to the question
asked in real world terms. For instance, if you have a spool of 14ga
wire and use one run to the speakers, when you want to try bi-wiring
you don't run out and get some smaller wire to do that with, you
simply connect another length of the same wire. Two runs of the same
wire is what most people are asking about. When you do that, you halve
the resistance. In applications where longer runs, higher currents are
used into reactive loads then it should be at least a theoretical
advantage. Whether you can hear the difference or not is another
issue. Again, I am not recommending it, just commenting on it without
prejustice.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

wrote in message
"Uptown Audio" wrote in message
Great response and absolutely true in most respects. It is still
your
opinion that differs from the authors here as neither of you have
presented evidence to support your assertions. I do mean conclusive
evidence as we have all heard enough evidence to gag a maggot. One
thing that I think everyone agrres on is that it does lower the
resistance figures by nearly half. That may or may not be
significant
depending upon the associated equipment and of course the hearing
ability of the listener. In general, I don't recommend its use
either.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

Bi-wiring doesn't "lower the resistance figures by half." In fact
it might
be said that it increases the resistance. Remember, to test
bi-wiring you
have to use the same amount of wire for both mono and bi wiring.
Otherwise
you're testing the effect of heavier wire instead of the concept of
bi-wiring. In order to get a true test, you must bi-wire the
speakers
first. Then to compare bi with mono-wiring, just install the
shorting strap
at the speaker.

Norm Strong