Default Biwiring ?

"Uptown Audio" wrote in message
Great response and absolutely true in most respects. It is still your
opinion that differs from the authors here as neither of you have
presented evidence to support your assertions. I do mean conclusive
evidence as we have all heard enough evidence to gag a maggot. One
thing that I think everyone agrres on is that it does lower the
resistance figures by nearly half. That may or may not be significant
depending upon the associated equipment and of course the hearing
ability of the listener. In general, I don't recommend its use either.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

Bi-wiring doesn't "lower the resistance figures by half." In fact it might
be said that it increases the resistance. Remember, to test bi-wiring you
have to use the same amount of wire for both mono and bi wiring. Otherwise
you're testing the effect of heavier wire instead of the concept of
bi-wiring. In order to get a true test, you must bi-wire the speakers
first. Then to compare bi with mono-wiring, just install the shorting strap
at the speaker.

Norm Strong