mp

Default Biwiring ?

Uptown Audio wrote:

Great response and absolutely true in most respects. It is still your
opinion that differs from the authors here as neither of you have
presented evidence to support your assertions. I do mean conclusive
evidence as we have all heard enough evidence to gag a maggot. One
thing that I think everyone agrres on is that it does lower the
resistance figures by nearly half. That may or may not be significant
depending upon the associated equipment and of course the hearing
ability of the listener. In general, I don't recommend its use either.

Not "in general"? What about, specifically?

In fine, one cannot discount psychological factors. If the typical naive
audiophile feels some satisfaction after he has spent, say, $400 for a set
of the latest and greatest Loge FireMusic cables from Valhalla labs (or
possibly even laid out twice that for the Wotan series), then such a person
can probably be convinced that doubling his investment will produce more
(but likely not twice as much) satisfaction. And there are those with more
money than sense who will not only go for it, but feel good about the
purchase.

But if bi-wiring is such a good thing, then why stop with just two runs.
Why not tri, or quad wiring?

Years ago, when Noel Lee walked into his first "high end" store with a roll
of rather large diameter, but pretty, orange OEM cable, who could have
guessed it would come to this?

mp