Scott Gardner

Default Does anyone make a car radio with a line in jack in the front?

On Thu, 13 May 2004 17:10:39 GMT, "FHLH002"
wrote:

who doesn't now days? what I think is better is the aux input in the back...
you could run a wire into the glovebox from behind the dash.... throw your
overpriced, non repairable ipod in the there and everything is hidden. no
messy wires hangin around.

FHLH....... fwiw,my old kd sh99 had one, worked well.

Kind of hard to take your "overpriced" claim seriously when Apple has
sold over three million of them. In September of 2001, Apple didn't
even make an MP3 player, and now they have over 50% of the market
share for digital music players. Not just hard-drive based players,
but ALL digital music players. Even at $250 for "only" 4 gigs,
there's a weeks-long backorder on the new iPod Mini because so many
people think they're worth the money. Actually, a lot of people have
been buying Minis, and stripping the "hard drive" out of them to use
in digital cameras and camcorders, because the cost of an iPod Mini is
actually less than what it would cost a consumer just to buy the 4 Gb
microdrive that's in it.

I have two iPods - a 2nd-generation 20 Gb, and a 3rd-generation 40 Gb.
If you want a hard-drive based music player, the iPod/iTunes
combination really doesn't have any serious competition yet. Now that
I have the second iPod, I'm going to eBay my Creative Labs Nomad
Jukebox 20 GB player, and I'll probably be lucky to get $75 for it.
It was an okay player, but it takes forever to scroll through songs,
the only library/playlist software that really supports it is
MusicMatch Jukebox, and once you have more than a few thousand songs
on it, it takes several MINUTES for it to boot up when you turn it on.

It's hard to claim the iPod is "overpriced" when there's really
nothing else even in the same class. Read the reviews for Dell's new
"iPod killer", and you'll find out it's more like a beta hardware-test
than a finished product.

Scott Gardner