Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default .acc?

On 5/14/2017 8:42 AM, Trevor wrote:
Even though LAME "Aint an MP3 Encoder", it's always worked pretty well
with all MP3 decoders, and is free! Have been using LameXP for a long
time now to create both MP3 and FLAC versions of all my CD's.

Me, too. Proprietary software doesn't remain unique for very long.
People say that some MP3 encoders are better than others (LAME being one
of the better ones) with Fraunhofer being the best, but, frankly, I
never worried about it.

If I cared about the best quality, I'd just use WAV files. If I wanted
more audio in less storage space, it was something for which fidelity
wasn't critical for me. How much aural accuracy can you appreciate when
driving on the Interstate or flying across the country?