Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default .acc?

On 14/05/2017 9:22 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 5/14/2017 4:23 AM, gray_wolf wrote:
I'll just wait and see I suppose. At my age I probably couldn't hear
the difference :-)
I've been seeing more flac in the past few years. Never see ape or ogg
anymore

The thing about MP3 is that, for better or worse (which is a function of
the person creating the file), it's a well established standard for
audio files. Everybody has something that can play it.

The only time I ever used OGG for my own work was when I was trying out
a recording app that didn't offer MP3 conversion because the maker
didn't want to pay for the license. I didn't like that app very much so
I didn't bother with it, though I notice that a recent release (after
the MP3 patent expired) now includes an MP3 codec.

Even though LAME "Aint an MP3 Encoder", it's always worked pretty well
with all MP3 decoders, and is free! Have been using LameXP for a long
time now to create both MP3 and FLAC versions of all my CD's.

Trevor.