Arny Krueger

"Powell" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote

I believe that all amps make noise, some more than
others. I don't expect to ever see a tubed amp with a
-112 dB noise floor, even though I have had a SS
amp like that in my hands.

Lamm ML 1.1 - 115dB S/N ratio ref at 90 watts.

False claim,

http://www.lammindustries.com/PRODUCTS/ml11spec.html

shows this to be an "A" weighted, not the unweighted specs I was talking
about in this thread.

ARC REF300 - 110dB S/N ratio at 280 watts

http://www.audioresearch.com/reference_300new.htm

"HUM & NOISE: Less than 0.2mV RMS -110dB below rated output (IHF weighted,
input shorted, 16 ohm output)."

Again, weighted number. "A" weighting typically *improves* this spec by
about 10 dB compared to unweighted.

Furthermore, both numbers are potentially inflated manufacturers specs and
don't represent results from an objective independent party.

What make and model of SS are you "in my hands" referring to?

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

tp://www.pcavtech.com/pwramp/macrot-5000VZ/