Posted to rec.audio.pro
nickbatz nickbatz is offline

Default Multiple spaces in recordings

On Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at 8:54:21 AM UTC-7, Ty Ford wrote:
If it sounds OK to you, it might not sound OK to others.

I do find that double checking with headphones is a very good way to get things evened out when using reverbs.

I think you guys are missing what I'm asking.

Using multiple reverbs or spaces is standard practice on every pop recording since the stone ages, and on many acoustic recordings too. How often is the lead vocal run through the same reverb as the drum overheads, for example? For that matter, how often is the lead vocal in the same room as the drums? Sometimes, but iso booths are normal.

This isn't a trivial question, it's one that I've been contemplating for a long time!

Okay, you can argue that I'm a simp, but there's some psychoacoustic stuff going on in our brains that I don't understand.