Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Value of KLH speakers?

On 8/29/2010 5:27 AM Arny Krueger spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com

It seems to me (again, my untutored intuition) that while
low frequencies would project fine with a woofer placed
close to the floor, anything higher--say, 400 Hz
up--would suffer from such placement.

Not suffer, be changed.

So it's possible that mid to high frequencies might be enhanced by floor
placement? Bass I can see.

Of course, much depends on many factors: the floor
covering, room geometry, etc., etc. Carpeted floors can't
be good for *any* speakers.

Simply not true.

Really? Carpet doesn't "eat up" high frequencies?

Although I suppose this could be corrected by simply changing the
tweeter level, assuming the speaker system has such an adjustment.