Connie Hines

Default Support from the Linux community??? Is this some kind of a JOKE????

I keep hearing about how great Linux is and how it is community
supported (ie:help files are few and far between) and so forth but yet
just looking around the various Linux USENET groups scares the hell out
of me.

These Linux people seem to really have a chip on their collective
shoulders.
I asked a simple question about Ardour in an Ardour mailing list and I
was met with what could be called the great wall of china.

First they called me an idiot.
Second they told me not to use Linux XXX but Linux YYY and that my
hardware was not up to the task and that I screwed up the install and
so forth.
It was horrible.

So tell me, why the hell on earth would I want to use an operating
system and ancillary programs that are mainly supported by a collection
of self righteous fools who think that their **** doesn't stink and
mine does?
Just for reference, my **** stinks......
Connie.