Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Default ABC article on recording studios

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 00:57:50 -0500, PStamler wrote
(in article
):

Another very important cause for studios shutting down is the high
value of real estate in urban centers, particularly NY and LA. There's
always something more profitable you can use the square feet for than
a recording studio.

Peace,
Paul

+1 on pretty much what everyone has said. I'm not sure there were a lot of 30
piece bands in the 70s, 80s in rock. The major label system was in place and
"that's the way things were done"; big (by today's standards) studios.

I was writing articles for a video trade magazine that covered the
mid-atlantic. I became the "grim reaper"; the guy who wrote the articles
about the closing of this or that video facility. In many of their cases,
they no longer needed the wide hallways and huge rooms they had built in the
1980s, but their landlords were sometimes very tough on their idea of
downsizing.

Not to denigrate a proper recording facility, but a lotta good music has been
produced in houses.

Lets start a list:

The Band - Big Pink

Regards,