Mark D. Zacharias

Default CD won't play.....copy will........what's up with that?

Some discs weigh more than others, and some Denons have a history of bad (or
collapsed) rubber insulators. In a borderline situation, a heavier disc
might "barely" scrape when it plays, while a lighter (cheaper) CDR would
not.
I've repaired many Denons, and other brands. This scenario isn't that
uncommon.

Mark Z.

"David" wrote in message
x-no-archive: yes

I bought a 4 cd set of Jazz from Costco for $17.99. I put disc one in a
Denon from 1986 and the disc would not load. Finally it did and began to
play and skip. Then I tried it in a 10 year old Marantz and 2 different
cd burners. No problem.

On a wild guess I decided to copy the disc which I did. IT played
flawlessly in the old Denon. So why wouldn't the original disc load or
play in the Denon but the copy I burned of it would?

I don't want to take the set back back to Costco if 2,3,4 play. I did
get a chicka, chicka, chicka, from the Denon and an error of OC. I'd be
happy with the copy of disc one as I realize I could get the last set
and it could have a problem. This way I have a copy I can play on either
machine. Both CD players were close to top of the line if that matters.