Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Mic & Preamp Suggestions?

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Ian Bell" wrote in message
news:45ade3e7.0@entanet
Ty Ford wrote:

A couple of meters away!? In that case the room would
compromise pretty much what any mic might offer.

Thanks,

Ty Ford

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

Yeah - the big problem with Ty's mic evaluations for most of us is
that he seems to see mics only as tools for doing spoken word in a
sound booth, period. That makes perfect sense for his situation, as a
cursory glance at his web site makes perfectly clear. He's focussed
on Voice Over work.
Thing is, there's more than VO work in most of our lives.

In fact, I may never record or do SR work for spoken word presented
in a sound booth, in my entire life, past present or future.

Ty does quite a bit of bluegrass acoustic guitar too, I believe. Presumably
exclusively 'close'.

geoff