Stewart Pinkerton

Default Does anyone know of this challenge?

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:54:59 GMT, Bromo wrote:

On 4/26/04 1:34 PM, in article zKbjc.41838$IW1.2009846@attbi_s52, "Stewart
Pinkerton" wrote:

I agree that is a good use of an end user's time and money - but still - if
people claim to hear a difference, it might be good to do the due diligence
as a scientific sort to see if there is anything to these claims. Some have
been made in the past that haven't helped, but some has been made that did.

That is the exact purpose of the various amp and cable challenges.

The problem is that it is *not* due diligence, but grandstanding rather
loudly !

Real due diligence wopuld involve getting the amplifiers in question and
doing both double blind testing with a variety of speaker systems and a
variety of sonic and electrical measurements.

Not some silly $10k "challenge"

The choice of speaker system is free to the challenger, so what's your
problem? BTW, electrical measurements are irrelevant, we're talking
about *sound* quality here. Once a difference in *sound* has been
established, it's easy enough to pin it down, because it is IME
*always* tied to a gross technical problem, nothing at all subtle!