Default Does anyone know of this challenge?

"Well. Given the speaker load that I am driving I am mostly concerned
with
the amount of Oomph I need in order to drive my speakers or those that I
might choose.

For instance, would the Yamaha that we are using as our baseline
integrated
be enough to sound good and power my Thiel 2.4's? As I have a lesser
Yamaha, I doubt it.

The contest does not have any value for me, then!"

Irrelevant, trivial, apples and oranges with regard to the reasons the
test exists; and especially so with regard to your needs. If you are
interested design a test to serve your needs, don't tap dance about
rhetorically trying to shoehorn your needs into a test which never was
about your needs. Needs and purchasing decisioons etc. were never at
issue, only the claims of those saying there are inherent obvious "night
and day" easily heard differences between amps with similar electrical
properties. Mr. clark and others have set up a situation where those
claims can be fairly evaluated in a repeatabvle manner. Your test of
needs will have to await another day.